Friday, August 15, 2008

Bathhouse Row

Of course the hot spring baths are the attraction in Hot Springs. Buckstaff is the only working public bathhouse. A second is being renovated and may be open by now. The bath houses are run by the national parks. We toured one that is held as a museum. Sonya kept the kids one day so Jewels and I could go back to Buckstaff. I decided 5 minutes into the experience that I'm not a "public bath" kind of person. I wasn't sure the tub was sanitized properly though the rooms smelled of Pine Sol. When my "bath lady" asked if I wanted a sitz bath, I looked over at a rather large woman on the sitz next to where I was to be - it really looked like she was enjoying the treatment, but at the same time looked like she was having a bowl movement. I declined. I did have a fantastic massage. Jewels liked his bath, but wasn't able to get a massage. All in all, I'm glad went went, but give me the Trellis any day!
















No comments: